Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Beginnening: Assassin's Creed Stuff

Alright, here we go, this is a thing. A thing that will happen.

The Plan: I'm going to play the Assassin's Creed games, slightly out of order, (2, 1, Brotherhood, Revelations) and I'm going to write about it; hopefully quite a bit. I plan on playing each game to completion and, furthermore, I swear to not refer the franchise at any point as "AssCreed" or "AssBro" or any other Ass related abbreviation. Well, starting now. I guess...



I'm pretty sure this is the game



As I said, I'm starting with 2. The reasoning behind this is basically that: First, I played 1 quite some time ago and second, I actually want to do this. Starting at 1 reduces the chances of me completing this project immensely. From what I recall it was a fairly repetitive game and I gave up somewhere about halfway through despite enjoying what was, at the time, very fresh and original gameplay. Parkour was catching on and mapping buttons to body parts, while not new, was certainly a welcome design choice. Plus, stabbin' dudes. But I digress. If I were to try to pick up and play Assassin's Creed The First, I would certainly grow tired of it much more quickly and be less inclined to continue onward.

The next post will include my impressions of the first few hours of the game. Expect a good deal on PC gaming as well, as I feel that it's important to get some things out of the way rather early about why I'm playing through these games on PC (with a Dual Shock 3 controller) as opposed to console and some of the drawbacks I've run into. As far as the game goes, I'll be doing my best to keep a close eye on the writing and dialog and getting a feel on how it changes from game to game, staff to staff, general gameplay annoyances/funtimes, and hopefully some things that are going on slightly deeper beneath the surface.

So yeah, there you have it. Let's have fun.

No comments: