Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fable 2: The Questening

This post will concern the recent release of the moderately anticipated Fable 2. A review will follow tomorrow.



I say "moderately anticipated" because I have no clue as to whether or not anybody actually cared about the release of this game. I vaguely remember commercials... but I can't be sure.

What I do know: the local Gamestop had a "midnight release party" which is apparently some type of joke they play on nerds to make them feel like they're being social. They can run back to their parents' home afterward and when asked where they were so late at night they can respond proudly "At a party mother!"




I attended this party knowing full well that I would be standing in a line for literally minutes surrounded by persons of questionable hygiene. Keeping the risks in mind I honed my resolve into a fine blade capable of slicing through all but the funkiest of funks and wielding my receipt of +4 fortitude I entered, obtained my copy of Fable 2 and exited in roughly 9 minutes. I didn't make eye contact with anyone.

Upon returning home I promptly did not play the game. I either had company over or the TV was taken... One way or the other I wasn't compelled to destroy the competition for Fable 2's attention in order to seek its gamey goodness.

No comments: